I hope this update finds all of you safe and dry! We have seen some pretty devastating reports from around Florida and unusual events related to storm surges, but I’m relieved to share with you that everything in our area is fine.
- There are no storm surge concerns for our beach. Flash flooding remains a potential issue, but the rain received as a result of this storm has been minimal…. so far.
- We started to see some heavier winds last night, with gusts reported in the 30–40mph range.
- There are some road closures in the low-lying areas around the county as a precaution but nothing that restricts access to the property.
- Bridge closures remain a possibility if sustained winds of 40mph are reached, but that seems unlikely at this
- No damage has been observed or reported to date at Hidden Dunes, and the lake level has remained virtually
- We have had no interruption of power, and none is expected.
Our staff worked through the weekend to secure the property, and most of them are staying home today. It’s not over yet; conditions are expected to reach their peak around noon today. Emergency management is requesting that we all stay off the roads, but we do have a minimal staff on the property today, mainly to perform a quick damage assessment and get an update out to all of you.
I’ll have another update to you tomorrow after the storm passes our area.