The pleasantness of condominium living is greatly enhanced by a congenial atmosphere in which all residents have proper regard for the comfort of others. For this reason these rules and regulations have been adopted by Hidden Dunes Community Association, Inc. in order to assure residents and their guests that the condominium property will be properly used for the benefit of all those persons. All residents are requested to cooperate with the management in seeing that the rules and regulations are observed.
The Hidden Dunes Board of Directors is responsible for establishing and distributing Rules and Regulations regarding Florida Laws, Safety, Community Living and Activities at Hidden Dunes Beach and Tennis Resort. The following Rules and Regulations that all should abide by are in compliance with our By-Laws, declaration of Condominium, State Laws and common sense. Please review them and inform family members and guests so all owners, guests and renters can be “good neighbors.”
Residents should designate their mailing address as follows:
Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort
Unit No. __________
9815 Highway 98 West
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
- CONDOMINIUM LIVING
Condominium living requires that each resident regulate the occupancy and use of his unit so as not to unreasonably or unnecessarily disturb any other resident in the occupancy and use of his unit. All residents are requested to use their units accordingly.
- RESIDENTS AND GUESTS
The facilities of Hidden Dunes are for the use and enjoyment of residents, house guests and rental guests, (house guests and rental guests are hereinafter referred to “Guests”). Visitors will be permitted to use the facilities only as guests of residents who will remain responsible for acts of their guests. Residents are requested to register their house guests with the management office in order to facilitate the receipt and forwarding of mail and the handling of telephone calls. Mail received for persons unknown to the management must be returned to the sender after holding for the period allowed by postal regulations.
The maximum number of occupants allowed per unit with one bedroom is 4; two bedrooms, 6; three bedrooms, 8 and four bedrooms, 10. Having more people stay in a unit than are properly registered is not permitted. For renters, violations may result in forfeiture of payment and expulsion from the property.
Hospitality/social events held in Hidden Dunes individual units are limited to a maximum of thirty (30) people. Owners and guests are encouraged to reserve the community center for larger events.
- CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES
Children are welcome in Hidden Dunes and there is no desire to restrict their normal activities. Nevertheless, they are required to observe the same restrictions that apply to adults. This precludes the playful use of equipment, the use of any common areas in the building for play areas, or any other conduct that will interfere with the quiet and comfort of the residents. Adult residents with whom children are living will be held responsible for the observance of these rules and regulations by the children.
- SECURITY/COMMUNITY PATROL
The management will attempt to provide security for residents of the building, but all residents must cooperate if effective security is to be obtained. This requires that all unit doors be locked at all times; solicitors are not allowed to enter a unit without an appointment; and all suspicious appearing persons or incidents should be reported immediately to the management or security. (Security: 654-2641 or Management: 654-1325)
Effective January 1, 2007: Security is NOT authorized to issue keys to Owners, Guests, Relatives, Renters etc. It is the owner’s responsibility to issue keys to the proper guests. No Owners Key Box will be maintained in the security office.
- USE OF UNITS
- Air Conditioning — When the air conditioning unit is operating it is not advisable to open windows or doors. This is because the moisture in the warm air which is admitted will condense with resultant dampness and mildew in the unit.
- Decoration — No unit owner shall decorate any part of his unit or the building so as to change the appearance of any balconies except floors. This precludes the painting of any balconies except floors, illumination or the exterior of the building, display of plants or other objects upon balconies or railings or exterior window sills or ledges, unless approved by the Board of Directors in writing.
- Equipment Failure — Equipment shall be used only for the purpose intended. Failure of any equipment shall be reported immediately to the management regardless of the responsibility for maintenance in order that proper precautions may be taken to avoid damage of other equipment. Each unit owner shall be liable for all damage caused by misuse of equipment by the residents or guests of the unit’s owners.
- Fire Hazards — No article shall be stored nor any use made of any part of the condominium property that will constitute a fire hazard.
- Hanging of Objects — The hanging of bathing suits, clothing, rugs, towels or other items upon balconies or railings or windows is prohibited.
- Installations — Only such awnings, blinds, shades and sunscreens shall be used in balconies or windows as are approved by the Association.
- Maintenance and Repair — Unit owners are reminded that maintenance and repair of the condominium building is the responsibility of the Association except for the interior of the unit. As authorized by the condominium documents, the Board of Directors had determined that the maintenance, repair and replacement of windows and glass doors shall be the responsibility of the unit owners except in case of damage for which insurance proceeds are available. Unit owners shall also be responsible for changing heating and air conditioning filters. No work of any kind is to be done upon the part of the building to be maintained by the Association without first obtaining the approval required by the condominium documents. Occupants of units under sublease are reminded that the responsibility of maintenance and repair as between the lesser and lessee is established by their subleases. Regardless of the responsibility for maintenance and repair, it is recommended that need of such work be reported immediately to the management which can be of assistance in obtaining prompt service. Service provided by the management staff for which the unit owner is liable will be charged to the unit owner at cost.
- Policy and Procedures for Unit Construction Projects: The Board instituted the following policies and procedures for any construction project ( including without limitation painting, remodeling, tiling, demolition etc.) that involves three or more days of work: the owner must advise the Association office of the anticipated scope of the work and inquire about any code restrictions and any date conflicts. Additionally the owner must pay a cleaning/damage deposit of $1,000.00 (in the case of Gulfside or Grand Villas) or $500.00 (in the case of Beach Villas or the Beach Cottages). If upon completion of the work there is no damage to any common elements or the Association has not incurred any other expenses related to the respective project, the deposit will be refunded. Contractors and vendors on the property will be monitored and the work site inspected to ensure the property is protected
- Noise — In order to assure the comfort of all residents, the playing of music, radios, televisions sets and musical instruments, etc. must not exceed a reasonable volume at any time, and between the hours of 10:00 pm and 10:00 am shall be kept at a volume that cannot be heard outside the unit in which located. All residents and guests shall refrain from any activity that would disturb other residents.
- Pets — Hidden Dunes By-laws grant owners the privilege of keeping a dog at Hidden Dunes. No owners’ relatives, guests, renters, invitees or lessees are allowed to have pets at Hidden Dunes. The keeping of a dog or other pet at Hidden Dunes is not a right of a unit owner but is a conditional license. This conditional license is subject to termination at any time by the Board of Directors upon a finding that a dog or other pet is vicious, is annoying to other residents, or has in any way become a nuisance. The owner of a pet assumes liability for all damage to persons or property caused by the pet or resulting form its presence at Hidden Dunes. Owner must clean up after their pets. This license is subject to the following conditions:
- A Hidden Dunes pet registration tag must be visible at all times. (please obtain at securityoffice)
- A dog must be on a leash at all times when outside of the owner’s unit.
- A dog must not be curbed at any place on the property of the condominium except such places as are from time to time designated for such purposes.
- Signs — A resident may identify his unit by a name plate of a type and size approved by the Association and mounted in the place and manner approved by the Association. No other signs may be displayed in any manner except for sale or for rent signs approved by the Association.
- Use Restrictions — Residents are reminded of the restrictions upon the use of the condominium property that appear in the condominium documents. The restrictions require, among other things, that a unit may be used only as a residence either permanent or transient, therefore no commercial business sales including hobby, art, paintings, etc are permitted and that no nuisances shall be allowed nor any practice followed that is the source of annoyance to other residents. No renters are permitted in Grand Villas.
- Waste Disposal — All waste is to be placed in trash bags and deposited in trash receptacles located conveniently throughout the property or in trash chutes in Gulfside and Grand Villas buildings. No objects, including cigars and cigarettes, are to be disposed of or thrown at any time from balconies or windows. Hazardous waste (e.g. car batteries, paint cans, acids, etc.) is prohibited from being disposed of in trash receptacles on property. Trash Receptacles are for household trash and garbage only, no construction bebris. Private dumpsters for unit remodeling and construction are prohibited on property.
- Windows — This area is subject to sudden rainstorms without warning. In order to avoid water damage to a unit as well as to other parts of the building, occupants of a unit are required to close all windows and doors exposed to the weather whenever no one is to be in the unit. Failure to close windows and doors will render the unit owner or the responsible guests liable for resulting damage.
- USE OF COMMON AREAS AND OTHER FACILITIES
- Balconies, Fire Escapes, Halls, Stairways and WalkwaysFire Escapes, halls, stairways and landings are for ingress and egress to and from units and shall not be obscured. This precludes the leaving of any articles in these areas, including but not limited to, baby carriages, bicycles, garbage cans and other supplies. This prohibition is in compliance with the fire code and is for the protection of residents in case of fire or other emergency and will be strictly enforced. These areas are part of the common elements and will be cleaned by the management. Residents are requested to cooperate by refraining from disposing on or from these areas any waste of any kind, including cigars and cigarettes. Wheeled recreational items (skates, bikes, etc.) are not to be used on walkways. Residents must obey all traffic rules on the roadways. The use of Gulfside I or Grand Villa property for access to the beach or any other reason is limited to Gulfside I and Grand Villa owners and guests only.
- Exterior of Building — No one may mount any object upon the exterior or roof of any building without approval of the board of Directors in writing. No one may install or use any awnings, decoration, illumination, plants or signs, except as authorized herein, without approval of the Board of Directors in writing.
- Swimming Pool Areas — No lifeguards on duty. Swim at your own risk. The smaller community pool will be heated from November 15th through April 15th. The use of the swimming pools and spas are limited to residents and their guests. All bathers are required to observe all posted signs and the following regulations in order to comply with the requirements of public health authorities and to ensure the comfort and safety of all concerned:
- ALL POOLS ARE NON SMOKING.
- The pools and spas may be used only during the hours posted near the pools.
- All bathers must shower immediately before entering the pools and spas.
- Bathers must remove suntan lotions, creams and bobby pins before entering the pools and spas.
- No food or drink may be consumed within any pool area. No glassware may be brought into any pool or spa area.
- There shall be no running, shouting, horseplay or boisterous games played within the pool areas.
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted within any pool area unless accompanied by an adult who is responsible for children.
- No dogs or other animals shall be allowed in the pools or other parts of the pool enclosures.
- The bathing loads of the pools are thirty-one (31) persons for Gulfside I, sixty-eight (68) persons for the Cottage pool, twenty (20) persons for the Villa pool and twenty-four (24) persons for the Grand Villa pool.
- All persons using the pool do so at their own risk.(10) Use of rafts or floats in the pools is prohibited.
- “Cut-offs” are not allowed in the pools.
- Any children playing in the Tot Lot/Beachside Cottage pool area must be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed in the spas.
- Under no circumstances is swimming allowed in the lake.
- Wading in the water features is prohibited.
- At times the pools may have attendants but NO LIFEGUARDS. All persons using the pool and hot tubs areas and facilities do so at their own risk.
- Use the “buddy system.” No one should swim alone!
- Tennis Facility
- Each player must check in at the Pro Shop if it is open before beginning play.
- A court fee will be paid or charged on account at the time of registration before play begins.
- Only smooth sole tennis shoes may be worn on the courts.
- Only players, tennis pros and coaches are allowed on the courts. Observers must remain outside the playing area.
- Each player must wear proper tennis attire.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- When courts are busy, playing time will be limited to 1-1/2 hours.
- Court time may be reserved up to two days in advance by calling the Pro Shop (269-2590).
- Pro Shop hours will be as posted on the premises.
- On rainy days, the courts will be closed.
- Barbecue Areas — Gas barbecue grills are provided solely for the convenience and enjoyment of residents. All outdoor cooking is to be restricted to these areas. In the past, problems have arisen such as leaving debris and leftovers in those areas. It is necessary for all unit owners and guests to make sure that these grills are used and cared for properly and safely. Charcoal is prohibited in the gas grill.
- Exercise Room — The exercise rooms in Gulfside I and Grand Villas are for the use of Gulfside I and Grand Villa residents only. When used, the facility is to be left clean and neat for the enjoyment of others. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to use this facility except under the supervision of an attending adult.
- Smoking –State law bans smoking in the enclosed common areas of condominiums. These areas include the Gulfside I and Grand Villas stairwells, all public restrooms, exercise rooms, elevators and any other enclosed public areas.
No smoking is allowed in common property public gathering spaces (i.e., pools and decks, tennis facilities and courts, beach, etc.).Smoking materials must not be discarded on the ground. Not only does this litter the property, but is a fire hazard as well.
- BEACH AREA
No lifeguards are on duty; swim at your own risk. An independent contractor provides the beach service from March 1 through October 31 and charges, sets and collects all fees. The beach attendants are the contractor’s employees, not Hidden Dunes’. Transactions for set-up services or for equipment are between the beach service and individual owners, renters or guests. To ensure safe and fair use of the beach area, all owners, renters and guests should adhere to the following rules and beach courtesy practices:
- Setups can be arranged up to one week in advance. There is no automatic “set me up whether I’m here or not”. Failure to use the equipment for two consecutive days cancels the reservation.
- There are no “reserved spaces” for set-ups on the beach. Set-up reservations do not guarantee “priority space” on the beach. Umbrellas and other equipment are assigned daily on a “first come-first served” basis.
- The “emergency lane” between the red markers must be kept clear of equipment, towels, etc. at all times.
- All set-ups must be contained between the east and west boundaries of the property.
- No motorized equipment may be used, launched or landed on the Hidden Dunes beach.
- Be considerate of others when locating your beach equipment, playing games, using listening devices, etc. Keep listening devices at a reasonable level.
- NO SMOKING ON THE BEACH
- Only private chairs, not tents or umbrellas, will be permited between the beach water line and the umbrella setups provided by the Beach Service.
- Loose items left on the beach or under the boardwalk overnight will be discarded.
- No glassware items or containers are allowed on the beach.
- Place refuse, cans, etc. in the provided trash containers.
- Protective footwear is recommended on all wooden surfaces.
- If you leave the beach early and do not intend to return, please tell the beach attendant.
- The beach attendant’s decisions regarding safety and weather conditions must be followed promptly.
- No dogs are allowed on the beach during restricted hours. Walton County permit is required
- Fishing from the beach is prohibited 8:00 A.M. and 6:00P.M.
- Use the buddy system when in the water. NO ONE SHOULD SWIM ALONE.
- Follow the beach warning flags.
The management is employed to serve the residents of the condominiums, but the cost and quality of that service depends largely upon the cooperation of the residents. Excessive demands for service will either deny service to some residents or increase the cost of service to all. Observance of the following provisions will be of much assistance to management.
- Office — The management office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm except Holidays unless otherwise posted. All requests for service and reports concerning the condominium property should be made to the office.
- Employees — Personnel of the management staff are to perform only such services as are made available to all residents and guests. Costs chargeable to a unit owner, such as maintenance of a unit, will be charged by management to the unit owner at cost. The management personnel, including all maintenance, office and service employees, are adequately compensated and no gratuities are to be given to them. This is not to preclude appropriate remembrances on special occasions. Owners are asked to help support the Management line of supervision and communication with the employees. Please limit conversations with employees to positive compliments. Complaints, directives, and problems should be directed to the Manager for resolution.
- PRESERVATION OF DUNES
Preservation of the dunes is a vital and necessary duty of owners, renters and guests. NO foot traffic or play is permitted on any of the dune areas. Any alteration of a dune is a violation of State and Federal regulations. Please report any infractions to security or the beach service manager.
- Gulfside I and Grandvillas
- Parking at Gulfside and Grand Villa is reserved for owners and guests only of Gulfside and Grand Villa.
- There are no assigned spaces in the Gulfside I or Grand Villa parking decks, Levels A and B.
- Vehicle gross weight restriction applies to level “B” to a maximum of 10,000 pounds, height to 6’4”. The lower “A” height restriction is also 6’4”.
- A large space directly in front of the “B” level elevator at Gulfside has been reserved for convenient loading and unloading of vehicles. Residents are asked to observe the 10-minute limit for this reserved space.
- The parking of anything other than a two or four-wheel passenger vehicle is prohibited.
- No trailers, RV’s, Jet Skis, etc. are allowed on property.
- Handicap parking spaces are to be properly reserved and occupied.
- Trash receptacles and fire lanes should not be blocked.
- Gulfside I and Grandvillas
- DECORATING REQUIREMENT AND LIMITATIONS
- Decorators or other workman authorized to enter a unit: Prior to work being done in an owner’s condominium unit, the owner must give written or oral permission for persons permitted to enter the condominium unit. Please call the security office (the current number is 850-654-2641) before work is scheduled, otherwise entry will not be allowed.
- Staff Cannot Accept a Shipment of Freight — May we suggest that you have all freight forwarded to your local decorator to ensure that all merchandise arrives undamaged and can be placed properly in your unit. Decorators and movers are required to remove all packing boxes, crates and other debris related to decorating or moving from the premises. On site dumpsters and trash chutes cannot accommodate the large volume of containers normally discarded when moving into a condominium unit.
- Installation or Replacement of Floor Tile in Units In accordance with current building practices, owners are required to use a sound absorbing membrane (SAM) when installing floor tile in Gulfside, Grandvillas, and second floor units of Beach Cottages I, Beach Cottages II and Beach Villas.
- Elevator Dimensions for Moving Furniture — It could be helpful to inform your decorator or moving firm that the maximum inside dimensions of elevators are: Height, 8’; Width, 6’8”; Depth, 5’3”. All transportation of construction material by way of the elevator must be approved in advance by the manager.
- Attaching Fixtures to Ceiling or Floors — Other than existing installed fixtures, there can be no nailing or drilling into or otherwise penetration of any floor or ceiling in Gulfside I or Grandvillas. Should an owner feel it is absolutely necessary to deviate from this policy; a qualified construction engineer will be required to give written assurance of feasibility subject to board approval. Approval by the Association Board of Directors may also be necessary, if required by the Hidden Dunes condominium documents. There is no restriction on normal nailing or drilling into a wall for purposes of installing fixtures.
- STREETS, WALKWAYS BOARDWALKS, BEACH AND GROUNDS
- The speed limit while on the property is 20 mph and all stop signs must be obeyed.
- Be extremely careful of walkers, joggers, bikers, and other motorists.
- Parking is allowed only in designated parking areas and not in or along the roadways, shoulders or on grass areas.
- Walk only where there is pavement or sidewalks because both planted and natural areas are extremely environmentally sensitive.
- No littering, including cigarette butts, is alloweAll refuse must be placed in the proper containers.
- No loud noise will be allowed while traveling through the common areas.
- No glass of any kind is allowed in the beach area.
- No personal property (beach chairs, floats, toys etc.) are to be left on beach, boardwalks, walkways overnight. Items remaining overnight will be discarded.
- Jet skis or any other type of motorized water craft are not permitted on the Hidden Dunes beach.
- Ingress and /or egress to the property across the east and west boundary lines are prohibited.
- Skates, roller blades, skateboards, private golf carts, segways and scooters are prohibited on HDCA property.
- COMPLAINT/NUISANCES PROCEDURE
Upon receipts of a complaint, the following steps are to be taken:
- First Complaint — Upon receiving a complaint, Security is to call the unit creating the disturbance and inform the occupant that a complaint has been received and to please refrain from whatever they are doing to cause the disturbance. The initial complaint and follow-up phone call should be logged in the security report. This should include: (1) complaining unit number and name; (2) time of complaint; (3) type of disturbance; (4) unit number complained about; (5) person talked to on the phone; (6) type of response; and (7) time of phone contact.
- Second Complaint — If another complaint is received within the next 24 hours, Security is to make a personal visit to the unit creating the disturbance. A written citation should be issued along with a warning that if they receive another complaint, law enforcement will be called and a fine will be levied. A copy buff the citation should be left with the unit occupant. In any case, an adult (25 or older) should be given the citation and warning. If no adult is present, immediate action should be taken to locate them and advise them of the problem, citation and warning.This visit, citation and warning should be noted in the security report. Additionally, a copy of the citation should be given to the Association Office if the complaint is regarding an owner or owner’s guest and the appropriate rental office for a rental unit. The Association or appropriate rental office should phone the unit and follow up on the complaint and keep a written record of the follow up. This written record should include names (and ages, if appropriate) of the offenders, name of the phone contact, essential content of the conversation, date and time of call, and signature of caller.
- Third Complaint — If a third complaint is received on the same occupant within 48 hours of the first complaint, Security should attempt to get approval form the Chief of Security to call law enforcement. If the Chief is unavailable, Security personnel will be expected to use their best judgment in contacting law enforcement. Law enforcement may visit the unit creating the disturbance unattended, unless the law enforcement officer requests assistance from Hidden Dunes’ personnel. In addition to the notification of law enforcement, a fine shall be issued in accordance with Section 14 of these Regulations.This should be noted in the security report. If law enforcement is summoned, the Association or appropriate rental office should make a personal visit to the unit the following day, take appropriate action and keep a written record of the follow up. This record should contain similar information as that above for the phone follow up.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS ENFORCEMENT
- Traffic Violations
- Failure to obey posted STOP signs: $50.00 each offense
- Exceeding posted SPEED LIMITS: $50.00 each offense
- Parking in NO PARKING or RESERVED PARKING zones: $50.00 each offense
- Parking in Handicap Parking without proper permit: $50.00 each offense.
- Violations Pertaining to Pets:
- Unauthorized keeping of pets. Violation of Section 7 (i) will result in a $100.00 fine. In addition thereto, upon discovery of an unauthorized pet, Hidden Dunes shall give notice to the offending owner of such pet allowing 24 hours in which to rid the premises of said pet. Failure to comply with such notice shall result in a fine of $100.00 per day for each day after the twenty-four hour period that the owner shall not rid the premises of the pet.
- For good cause shown, the Board of Directors may deny a unit owner the license to keep a pet. Good cause shall include, but not necessarily limited to: (a) viciousness of a pet, (b) verified complaints of other residents that pet is constituting a nuisance, (c) verification that pet is causing damage to person or property, (d) failure to keep dog on leash when outside owner’s unit, (e) repeated failure to leash dog in places other than those designated for such purposes,(f) failure to pick up after your pet.Owners of pets shall be liable for all damages to persons or property from their presence at Hidden Dunes.
- Noise, Disturbance & Other Violations
- Upon receipt of a third nuisance complaint as described in Section 13 of these Regulations, a citation shall be issued forthwith assessing the following fines:
- Playing music, stereos, television sets or other musical instruments at an unreasonable and disturbing volume: $50.00 each offense
- Loud or disturbing talk, singing or other noises: $50.00 each offense.
- Throwing or disposing cigars, cigarettes, cans, paper, water balloons, fireworks or any other litter form balconies: $50.00 each offense.
- Obstructing fire escapes, halls, stairways, landings and other common areas with baby carriages, bicycles, garbage cans, garbage sacks or other articles: $25.00 each offense.
- Littering the grounds or common areas of Hidden Dunes: $25.00 each offense.Use or maintenance of unit or acting or failing to act in any manner in violation of these regulations: $25.00 each offense.
- Upon receipt of a third nuisance complaint as described in Section 13 of these Regulations, a citation shall be issued forthwith assessing the following fines:
- Collection of Fines
- Unit owners shall pay all fines assessed against them within thirty (30) days of the date that they receive notice thereof. Unit owners will be responsible to the Association for all fines assessed against their guests.
- If fines are assessed against a rental guest, the amount of the fine will be immediately reported to the appropriate rental agent and paid to the Association from the rental guest’s deposit with that agency.
- If fines are not paid within thirty (30) days after being assessed, then the Association may take whatever steps it is entitled to take under the Laws of the Sate of Florida to collect the fine and may recover from the appropriate unit owner and/or his guest the costs and attorney’s fees incurred by the collection proceedings.
- An appeal regarding any fine may be made in writing within 10 days to the Association Board of Directors and delivered to the Association office located on the second floor of Gulfside.
- Traffic Violations
- BEACH AREA